Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Collaboration!

Recently, I worked on this fun shoot with Geri, and Botkier. We channeled fashion muse Brigitte Bardot, and captured the essence of the 60's. Check out the Botkier's coverage of the shoot, and Q&A with Geri and I.


Geri Hirsch is your go-to girl for incredible fashion inspiration. Via her chronicles Because I’m Addicted, Geri shares her musings on fashion, art, food, and life running wild in Los Angeles. Her blog is a daily obsession – and is always on the pulse of what’s next in fashion. Geri partnered with brilliant stylist Monica Rose to channel the iconic Brigitte Bardot for her Bloglovin editorial. The two sat down with Botkier for a little bad girl themed Q&A!


Photo Credits: Photographer Steven Meiers; Stylist Monica Rose, Stylist’s Assistant Amelian Hamilton; Makeup Artist Catalina Su; Hair Stylist Melissa Brown; Starring Geri Hirsch of Because I’m Addicted.


Tell us why you chose to channel Brigitte Bardot for your shoot.
Geri: It’s Brigitte Bardot! She has that French..that…that certain je ne sais quoi…
What wardrobe pieces did you choose to channel Brigitte’s iconic style?
Monica: I decided to make Geri look sexy with out showing too much. Brigitte had a certain appeal about her that wasn’t over the top. Geri has amazing legs so I paired boyshorts with this Oriett Domenech t top. The shoulders reminded me of the 60’s in London. It was a great pair with Geri’s figure, especially when I added a belt to accentuate her tiny waistline.

Credits: Boktier Ava hobo in chocolate suede, Oriett Domenech top, American Apparel short, Club Monaco belt, Leopard Prada heels

What are some ways the modern woman can incorporate Brigitte’s iconic style into their look? Any wardrobe tips?
Monica: Her hair and makeup of course definitely pulled together the complete look. Simple sweep of a black cat liner and some volume in the crown area. Sleek smooth lines paired with a amazing structured piece (like a blouse or jacket) can easily help anyone emulate Brigitte’s signature style. Make sure everything fits you properly. I think tailoring is a great investment. Be creative! Thrift stores are a great place to channel Brigitte’s style on a budget.

Beauty-wise, what’s your favorite products for a sexier nighttime look?

Monica: Love a great black eyeliner, changes the whole look! I love MAC’s pencil eyeliner and Dior show mascara in black
Geri: Eeek – I don’t wager too much with makeup from day-to-night except for the fact that I get a little heavy handed. I do however think a sexier scent makes a world of a difference. It’s almost as though I carry myself differently with a splash of Creed Love in Black or Comme de Garsons Kyoto. l go from a girl to a woman with the push of a button!

Where are some of your favorite spots for a night out on the town?

Monica: Since I’m a new mommy I love spending my nights with my daughter Alaia. :)

Geri: Can never go wrong with karaoke in Korea town, summer nights by the Roosevelt pool, concerts at the Greek or the Soho House.

Let’s say we’re throwing a party. What’s on the drinks menu, and what are we listening to?

Geri: My good friend, Eddie Brahka, has taken it upon himself to master artisanal cocktails and I’ve rightfully adopted what he calls “

The Gerbear.“ It’s so easy!
1) Muddle up 3 fresh strawberries
2) Add a table spoon of sugar (in essence creating your own fruit juice with the already muddled strawberries)
Vodka (depending on how strong you want it)
4) Fill shaker up with ice
5) Shake
6) Pour into Martini glass
7) Garnish with Mint leaves and fresh strawberry


As for music, depends on the type of party. If we’re trying to get loud before a big night out I’m adding an extra shot of vodka to “The Gerbear” and throwing on some of Scott Vener’s (music director for Entourage who posts a lot of cool stuff to his blog) mixes. For intimate dinner parties I’ve been defaulting to ‘The Notorious (Biggie & The XX mashup)’ during cocktails/hors d’ouevres and slipping into the soundtrack from “An Education” for dining. We won’t judge… What’s your favorite vice?

Monica: I can’t say no to a great glass of wine!
Geri: (Shrugs shoulders) I’m a blogger…my Blackberry!

VIA: Botkier.com

4 comments:

  1. This is right on time for the upcoming season the winged liner is back with a vengence.

    http://glamourmission.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i had so much fun with you my love! best stylist on the planet! xo

    ReplyDelete