Thursday, May 9, 2013

Status Mag Online Interview

Monica Rose: Rose Realism


In styling, pretty words need to translate to pretty girls. What’s in MONICA ROSE? That every person she styles—the Kardashians included—should meet a higher understanding of her own fashion aesthetic.
“However, fashion had always a part of my life ever since I was a little girl. My mother is my biggest inspiration and I use to play dress up in her closet everyday!”
Hey Monica! What’s up? What are you up to after doing this interview?
Hi! After this interview I will be in a fitting with Kourtney Kardashian for upcoming events and the 8th season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
What inspired your love of fashion and how did it take you to a job that had you living and breaking it?
I grew up in a small town in Northern California where studying or working in the fashion industry was really not an option. However, fashion had always a part of my life ever since I was a little girl. My mother is my biggest inspiration and I use to play dress up in her closet everyday!
I decided to move to LA to try something new but I really had no direction and I had no idea what I was going to do w my life. I just knew I had to work hard and I knew I could make it somehow. I worked at the Beverly Center when a recruiter offered me to work as an Assistant Manager at a clothing boutique on Robertson Blvd. I was only 20 at that time. I was always surrounded with stylists everyday coming in and pulling for thier clients. It definitely amazed me, what these stylists did for their clients and TV shows they were working on. I studied them like a book because I was so fascinated with their job!
Soon after, while making some great connections and networking my way through, I was approached by an LA photographer who asked me to do some test shoots with him. The rest is history!
What do you enjoy doing when taking a breather?
I love to spend it with my family. My daughter, Alaia is about to turn three next month therefore, I am enjoying the time I do have with her now as much as possible. Children grow up in a blink of an eye, next thing you know their starting school! My daughter is at the stage where she finds everything interesting and is discovering new things as she grows. I prefer to not miss a single thing since she is still so very young.
With New York, London, and Milan Fashion Week over, which brands did you like the most for the latest fall/winter collection? 
Right now I am obsessing over Altuzarra, Peter Pilotto, Balmain, Balenciaga by Alexander Wang, Anthony Vaccarello and Isbael Marant! Their shows were definitely the ones I was watching out for the most.
The fine detailing throughout the Altuzarra shows were out of this world! Everything from their crop tops to their Fall/Winter coats definitely caught my eye.
Needless to say, no one understands prints better than Peter Pilotto himself. These fabulous prints made some of his Fall/Winter 2013 dresses stand out to me the most from any other show.
Alexander Wang has always been one of my favourite designers but now that he is designing for Balenciaga for their latest collection, I mean what more can a girl ask for? I want every piece in it.
With awards season over, which newcomer do you think really made a significant impact on the red carpet and is poised for greater things (fashion wise) this year?
I must say January Jones, Emma Stone and Diane Kruger stole every red carpet they could. I love that they take fashion risks and never play it safe. They aren’t newcomers anymore but these ladies were some of my favorite best dressed actresses this season because of the way they carry themselves onto the red carpet, simply perfection!

monicarose.com 
www.monicarosestylist.blogspot.com
@MonicaRoseStyle
Interview by Katrina Swee
Photographed by Joyce Park
Makeup by Jadene Munster of 901 Artists
Hair by Ashlee Rose of Exclusive Artist
For the full story, grab a copy of STATUS April 2013 issue

1 comment:

  1. Great interview. I enjoyed reading it!

    You have such an amazing story, you really worked hard!

    Gorgeous photos too!


    Vickyy

    XO


    www.victoria-emma.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete