Saturday, June 9, 2012

Refinery 29 & Guess: The Guess Generation

Header_630x166
Super Stylist Monica Rose Is Psyched For The Return Of Jellies
MONICA_ROSE-600x900

Believe it or not, it’s been 30 years — an entire generation — since GUESS’ original, three-zip Marilyn jean put their mark on fashion forever. To celebrate, the brand is going back to its roots with a new campaign featuring the star of its classic ads, Claudia Schiffer, and releasing a limited-edition line of updates on their iconic pieces. To join in the festivities, we snapped 30 of our favorite fashionable friends wearing the vintage-inspired 30th anniversary collection and asked them what GUESS means to them. Thirty women, 30 days, 30 sexy years of GUESS.

For more about the collection and GUESS’ 30th birthday, go to www.GUESS1981.com


Name: Monica Rose

Ten-Second Bio: One of Hollywood's most respected stylists, Monica Rose has spent the last nine years dressing some of world’s most high-profile celebrities.

Favorite ‘80s memory: "Watching MTV music videos all day, my acid-washed jeans, my mother's amazing asymmetrical haircut, Madonna's style, and John Hughes movies."

Monica_Rose

Favorite GUESS memory: "Skinny jeans in every color with the zippers on the side and the GUESS label on the right pocket. If you didn't have a pair, you were so not cool."

Favorite returning ‘80s fashion trend: "Tribal prints, neon colors, stacked bracelets, and jelly shoes."

30 YR Retro Tee, $39, available at Guess. 

I was honored when Refinery 29 and Guess ask me to be a part of the Guess Generation: Celebrating 30 Years of Style. I have so many memories of wearing Guess growing up! One of my fondest childhood memories, was when I was riding a skateboard down a steep heel and fell off going full speed. My mom had just bought me a new pair of Guess jeans, and they were now completely ripped at the knees. I couldn't stop crying and tried to tape them back together. I cared more about my new Guess jeans then my scraped up face. I went to school wearing them because I still wanted to be cool and wear my new Guess jeans and I somehow convinced all my friends to cut there jeans and rip them cause it was cool. The next day at school, all the girls came to school with ripped jeans. I was only in the the 4th grade starting trends and I didn't even know it? That is one Guess moment I will never forget.

Thanks again to Refinery 29 and Guess for the feature! Xoxo

VIA: Refinery 29 / Instagram @MonicaRoseStyle




2 comments:

  1. So lovinggggg this :)

    XO, adropofbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! I want that shirt!

    [fashionablyfly.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete