I am obsessed with the Fortune by Kelsi Dagger for fall!
If you’ve walked past any news stand and glanced through the pages you have seen the work of stylist and avid fashion blogger Monica Rose. Increasingly Rose has become one of the most in demand stylists to work with young starlets, notably working with the Kardashian trio Kim, Khloe, and Kourtney. Understanding the power behind a well fitting garment, Monica has mastered the art of successfully mixing high & low end brands to create the perfect look. Based in Los Angeles this dark haired style maven has taken time out of her busy schedule to share her thoughts on the challenges she has faced as a stylist, a little insight on Summer & Fall trends and much more.
1. What was one of your biggest challenges you faced as a stylist?
As a stylist, the biggest challenges for me was working around the clock and not knowing how to make it in this business? I struggled for years working for free, waiting to get published. Though it was so demanding, it was well worthit in the end. The key is never give up.
2.You have a great sense of style. What are your three must haves for this summer?
Vintage levi cut off shorts, light-weight boyfriend blazer (I have a cream Pencey one I love and wear to death), and Givenchy flats.
3.When shopping for your clients, as a stylist what are some key things you keep in mind when shopping?
I always remember who I’m shopping for. Just because I think something is fab doesn’t mean it will make my client happy. I always work with the shape of their bodies – it is the most important thing when it comes to styling. I stay on trend and I like to get things that can be integrated with their existing wardrobe.
4.This is a bit of a trend forecasting question. What trends do you see becoming very popular for the fall?
Capes and Ponchos are making a comeback, I saw a lot of turtle necks on the runways, Mixed patch work, lots of Velvet, Wide leg trousers,and Suits!
5. What is your favorite part of styling the Kardashian sisters? I love how different their personalities are which come out in the way each of them dress. They are so much fun and take risks which I love!
6.I sent you a lookbook from the Kelsi Dagger Fall/Winter 2010 collection what would be your top 5 must have? Arley, Bellamy, Charmer, Fortune, and Judith.
7. I know you grew up in LA, do you ever see your self relocating to NYC to continue your styling career? I actually grew up in a small town in northern California. I have been in LA for 10 years now. I would love to live in NYC one day but right now LA is perfect since I just had my daughter, all my clients live here and I have my full time styling job at E!. One day I will make the jump. I love NYC.
8. What are some of the projects you are currently working on? The girls just started filming a new season of KUWTK. So, I am pretty busy with all there photo shoots, appearances and getting wardrobe for them daily. I also do all their personal shopping as well. It is non-stop, so I don’t have much time to take on any other projects at the moment.
9.I know that the Kardashian sisters designed a line for Bebe, did your styling influence any of the pieces? Some of the pieces have my influence but for the most part its all them. They really took the time to design what they love and what they would wear themselves.
10. What advice would you give to aspiring stylists? Never give up! Surround yourself around positive people. Always keep organized, inspired, focused and most importantly keep calm in a stressful situation!